Tuesday 27 September 2011

Patience is a Virtue

And so the saying goes...
Well, this bride could learn a little about patience. I by nature am not an impatient person, just a worrier. And by this I mean that if something takes a long time, I get nervous the longer I have to overthink it.
There's alot to be said about technology. It is, generally, a wonderful, life-enriching thing. But it can be a burden too. Take for example the humble electronic mail...

In my job I send alot of these day to day & generally if I do not receive a response straight away, it really doesn't bother me. I understand that people have lots of other queries to deal with, as do I. I send & receive emails at the speed of light & barely give a passing thought to wether the recipient has read or will reply swiftly to my question, or not.

When it comes to the wedding emails, I worry like no-ones business that the email may not have been received. The recipient may have just clicked 'junk', may have passed it by for more important emails, may have forgotten that I sent it days ago... And so on & so forth.
Whilst this may seem a little silly & a frivilous post at best it's what is going through my head at this present moment. Whilst it may not be the thing of well-written songs about heartache or life troubles, it matters to me at this moment in time.

There's a lot to be said about the face to face meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment